Three new blogs during Weeks 4 and 5:
- Wanted: Visually Impaired Data Scientist – Job ad spoof to make the point that interactive data visualization needs more sonification. Brief review of research. Could we mature this technology to have data vis tools without a visual component?
Beginning of Interactive 3D Data Visualization – John Tukey, the pioneer of exploratory statistics, is shown in action using an early vis tools to find patterns in 9-dimensional dataset. This is a classic!
Workshop by Edward Tufte – He is the elder statesman of data viz, where paper, typography and cartography take honored places within his instruction. His style is a potpourri of perceptive design principles interwoven with examples across disciplines and centuries.
The stats for Weeks 4 & 5 are:
- Website views for weeks of Nov 2 & Nov 9 are: 73 & 39
- Blogs published are 13, up by 3 from Week 3
- LinkedIn group has 16 members, which is down by one.
- Twitter follows are: 11, which is the no change.
- Zero data worlds have been documented/shared, so far!
That’s the news from Lake Immersive, where all the coders are strong, all the graphs are good-looking, and all the numbers are above average.